SiteSurfer 1.0 Demo License Agreement
DevTech, Inc. (the AUTHOR) grants you a free, personal, non-exclusive,
license to the SOFTWARE (hereinafter defined), for your end use
to evaluate the SOFTWARE, provided that you adhere to the terms
of this license agreement (the LICENSE).
The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold. The AUTHOR does not transfer
title to the SOFTWARE to you. No rights are granted to you other
than those listed in the LICENSE. By installing or USING (hereinafter
defined) the SOFTWARE, you signify your agreement to the terms
of the LICENSE.
As used herein, the following definitions shall apply:
- "SOFTWARE" shall mean the SiteSurfer 1.0 Demo bytecodes,
object code, and any accompanying files and documentation, including
any files generated by the USE of the bytecodes and object code.
- "BUILDER" shall mean the subset of the SOFTWARE
comprising the Java application in SITEGEN.JAR, known as "SiteSurfer
- "APPLET" shall mean the subset of the SOFTWARE
comprising the Java applet contained in SITESURF.JAR, SITESURF.CAB,
INDEX1.JAR, and INDEX2.JAR files, and any HTML files that embed
or display the Java applet.
- "INDEXES" shall mean the subset of the APPLET comprising
the INDEX1.JAR and INDEX2.JAR files.
- "USE" shall mean the reading into and out of memory
of the SOFTWARE and the execution of the SOFTWARE, in whole or
- "WEBSITE" shall mean a single computer running
web server software for an end-user; OR, the subdirectory leased
or owned by an end-user on a multi-user web server.
- LICENSE GRANT
- You may:
- Install and USE the BUILDER on one machine at one time.
- Create APPLETS for your local computer, intranet, or Internet
and USE those APPLETS solely for your personal, non-commercial
use on your local computer and NOT on your WEBSITE. This version
of the SOFTWARE is restricted to creating APPLETS that search
a maximum of ten (10) pages.
- You may NOT:
- Lease, rent, sublicense, or assign the SOFTWARE, including
the APPLET, or otherwise transfer any rights to the SOFTWARE.
- Remove any notices or labels from the SOFTWARE.
- Unpackage, in whole or in part, any JAR or ZIP files that
are part of the SOFTWARE.
- Reverse engineer, reverse compile, disassemble, translate,
modify, create derivative works, make any attempt to discover
the source code, or otherwise alter the SOFTWARE.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS. NO WARRANTY
IS GRANTED TO YOU BY THE AUTHOR, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING
NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- The AUTHOR does not warrant that the SOFTWARE is free from
claims by any third party of patent, trademark, copyright, trade
secret, or any other intellectual property infringement.
- The AUTHOR is not obligated to provide any support services,
updates, fixes, or enhancements for the SOFTWARE. Under no circumstances
does this license entitle you to any support services, updates,
fixes, or enhancements for the SOFTWARE. If the AUTHOR chooses
to provide any of these, they shall be on an 'as is' basis, with
no obligation by the AUTHOR to provide further support services,
udpates, fixes, or enhancements.
- The SOFTWARE is not intended for use in any environment which
requires fail-safe operation.
- The AUTHOR shall not be held responsible or liable for any
direct, special, consequential, or incidental damages or loss
of profits or savings resulting from installation or use of the
SOFTWARE, including but not limited to damages to hardware and
loss or damage to records or data, even if the AUTHOR has been
advised of the possibility thereof. The AUTHOR shall not be held
responsible or liable for any damages claimed against you by
a third party. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation
of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation
or exclusion may not apply to you.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- This LICENSE will be governed by the laws of the State of
South Carolina, U.S.A., excluding the application of its conflicts
of law rules. This LICENSE will not be governed by the United
Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of
Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
- If any part of the LICENSE is found void and unenforceable,
it will not affect the validity of the balance of the LICENSE,
which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
- You agree that the SOFTWARE will not be shipped, transferred
or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited
by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export
laws, restrictions or regulations.
- You agree that any breach or threat of breach of the LICENSE
will result in irreparable harm to the AUTHOR for which damages
would not be an adequate remedy and, therefore, in addition to
its rights and remedies otherwise available at law, including
without limitation the recovery of damages for breach of the
LICENSE, the AUTHOR shall be entitled to equitable relief, including
both temporary and permanent injunction, to prevent any unauthorized
use or disclosure, and to such other and further equitable relief
as the court may deem proper under the circumstances.
- You agree that the SOFTWARE is the exclusive property and
a valuable trade secret of the AUTHOR. You agree not to disclose
or make available to third parties the SOFTWARE without the AUTHOR's
prior written consent.
- This LICENSE is the sole agreement between the parties related
to the subject matter hereto and supercedes all prior understandings,
writings, proposals, representations, and communications, oral
or written, of either party. This LICENSE may be amended only
by a writing executed by the authorized representatives of both
- EXPIRATION OF LICENSE
License to the SOFTWARE expires sixty (60) days after you
first install or USE the software. After this date, your LICENSE
to the SOFTWARE is terminated.
- You may terminate the LICENSE at your discretion, at any
- This LICENSE is automatically terminated if you fail to comply
with the terms of the LICENSE.
- Upon termination of the LICENSE, you may no longer USE the
SOFTWARE. You must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE.
- The provisions set forth in paragraphs 2.2, 3, and 4 shall
survive termination or expiration of the LICENSE.
1997-1999 DevTech Inc. All